- The feeling of getting away from it all on a quick overnight mission not far from town
- A stunning beach to bivi on under the stars with not a light in sight
- A there and back ride completely on trail following the edge of Lake Wanaka
- Last toilet is at the start of the Minaret Burn Track. There is no toilet at the end point of the ride, so plan ahead and pack it out!
- The trail as described here, takes you to the beach just before reaching Station Creek. Strictly speaking this is still on farm land, but bivi’ing on the beach should not be a problem. Just beyond the creek is a small DOC reserve (see it here on the WAMS website) where you can also set up for the night.
- If the wind is Nor’West (i.e. probably howling!) then you can find shelter in the tall stand of poplars just next to the beach.