We offer a custom build service to build your dream bike, a bomb proof world tourer, or a bicycle that just works the way you want.
Choose from full custom (every part hand picked) or semi-custom based on our build kits tailored for different uses. Our mainstay frame maker for custom builds is Soma Fabrications from San Franscisco, but we also offer builds on Surly, Ritchey and Velo Orange frames.
Let us build you the perfect, touring, urban, commuter, gravel or bikepacking rig.
Semi Custom Build Packages
Our most popular semi custom build kit is the Good Rotator package. Optional highlights include:
- A high performance dynamo lighting system from Shutter Precision and Supernova or Axa
- Front and/or rear Racks from Tubus and Surly, panniers from Ortlieb and Brooks England, or framebags from Revelate
- The option to add USB charging for your devices on the go from Supernova or Sinewave
- Seatpost and stem from Thomson and Cane Creek
- Full-cover fenders, a Crane brass bell, high quality grips, Brooks England leather or Cambium saddle
- Internally geared hubs from Shimano and Rohloff
We also offer several no nonsense, sensible and simple world tourer builds for far away places, with various handlebar/controls options to suit your riding style.
Soma offer a full range of frames from touring, cargo, cyclocross (or fast gravel tourer), off road/mountain, road and track. They use excellent quality tubing from Tange Prestige, hand welded and most frames are highly practical affairs with braze-ons for racks, panniers and bottle cages.
Our current faves are the Wolverine – multi-tool of bikes that makes a great commuter, gravel touring and adventure bike, or big wheeled off roader), Saga – loaded touring rig, Juice and B-Side – off road adventure in 29er and 650b wheel sizes (also available in belt drive versions), and the Sandworm – a symmetrically spaced fatbike that can run 26″x 4″, 27.5Plus, and 29Plus wheels and tyres. Built it up with a winter wheelset and a summer/bikepacking wheelset, hell, add a commuter set and you’ve got a true one bike quiver!
Don’t despair if you aren’t wild for the stock colour your frame comes in – we can offer a full strip and respray or powdercoat in a hue that makes your heart sing! Paint starts around $175 for strip, paint and shipping back to us.