AVAILABLE MID-SEPTEMBER 2017: While most of Soma frames have been designed for multi-use and with thought to backwards compatibility with legacy technology, the Valhallen is a thoroughly modern hardtail built only to exceed at fun on the trails. A long and slack geometry matched with plus sized tires means riders can ride a wider variety of terrain with control and confidence.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated CrMo steel tubing; butted CrMo rear end
- Fits tires up to 27.5+ x 3.25" for enhanced traction and control
- Compatible with 140mm travel suspension
- Compatible with Boost cranks and 148mm spaced thru-axle hubs which offer better stiffness than 135mm hubs and more clearance for plus size tires
- Post-style disc mount
- 31.6mm seatpost fit opens up more choices for dropper posts (internal routing at seat tube)
- Press fit 30 BB shell, which allows for use with standard PF30 BB's or for single speed with an eccentric BB coverter
- Machined 44mm headtube (fits tapered steerer tubes using a ZS top assembly and EC44 external cup lower assembly; fits 1-1/8" steerers using a ZS44 headset)
- Colors: Candy Apple Green or Hyper Gray Metallic
Good Rotations is an independent online bikepacking and adventure cycling store.
If you are looking for a complete brevet or expedition setup, advice on gear, or help with finding the right bikepacking bag or dynamo system, we're here to assist.